Supported File Formats
Supported Extensions: XLS, XLSX, XLSM and CSV (or other compatible with CSV);
- Files must contain at least one Date, one Text and one Value column;
- Files must have a maximum of 100MB (20MB for XLS), 128 total columns and 32 text columns;
- Text data type columns have a limit of 255 characters;
- Value data type columns are limited to 11 integers and 5 decimals;
- Files can also contain formulas and expressions, see File Formulas for more information.
- Column headings (headers) can contain a maximum of 50 characters;
CSV Specific Requirements:
- Any field delimiter is supported (with the exception of line breaks);
- Date fields must be in a supported format. Ex.: "dd/MM/yyyy" = 31/01/2013;
- Value (numeric) fields must use a dot "." or a comma "," as decimal separator.
If your worksheet is set up properly, but you still can not import, you may have a structural problem. We recommend that you try to save it again using the standard Excel format. See how.
Some settings cannot be modified in the data file or import file during the data import so the dashboards can work properly. For instance:
- You cannot add new columns between already imported columns:
- New columns must be added at the end of the file;
- Columns titles cannot be modified after the first import:
- The columns nicknames can be modified in Input Data Format, but the dashboard's objects created previously will keep the previous nickname;
- You must remove and add the column to update the dashboard's object nickname;
- The columns cannot be removed from the file after the first import;
- The columns position cannot be modified after the first import;
- The columns data type (text, value, date) cannot be modified after the first import;